Prep:
- Make a set of flashcards for the adjectives you'll be introducing. I printed out some fabulous images of Mandarin adjectives from Mandarin Chinese from Scratch (here, here, here, and here).

These images are shared under a post about antonyms so not all are adjectives. They print out in pairs so I cut each card down the center to make smallish rectangular cards. I also made some adjective cards of my own to supplement.
- Cut out from magazines or print from internet 4-5 pictures that can be described using a variety of the adjective cards. You can use anything really. I looked for pictures that included more than one person, animal or object.
- Shuffle the adjective card deck and deal four cards to each player. Don't forget to count in Mandarin!
- Place the remainder of the adjective card deck face down in the center of the table.
- Choose a card from the image pile and place it face up on the table.
Prep:
- Make a set of flashcards for the adjectives you'll be introducing. I printed out some fabulous images of Mandarin adjectives from Mandarin Chinese from Scratch (here, here, here, and here).
These images are shared under a post about antonyms so not all are adjectives. They print out in pairs so I cut each card down the center to make smallish rectangular cards. I also made some adjective cards of my own to supplement.
- Cut out from magazines or print from internet 4-5 pictures that can be described using a variety of the adjective cards. You can use anything really. I looked for pictures that included more than one person, animal or object.
- Shuffle the adjective card deck and deal four cards to each player. Don't forget to count in Mandarin!
- Place the remainder of the adjective card deck face down in the center of the table.
- Choose a card from the image pile and place it face up on the table.
How to play:
- Player 1 discards one adjective card from her hand, the one that least describes the chosen image card, and draws a new adjective card from the deck.
- Player 2 does the same.
- Play continues until one of the players has four adjective cards that describe the image card and declares "Wǒ yíngle" (我赢了, I won!)
- Play 1 round or 20!
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's all about friendly comments here at Monkeys & Mooncakes. I'd love to hear from you!
Be sure to check back because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.